LIS Projects

I Found It Online: A User Needs Assessment and Website Implementation Study

February 2018 to June 2018

For my MLIS capstone project, I designed and implemented a user needs survey and analyzed potential website platforms/Content Management Systems (CMS) to help Springfield Public Library (OR) begin the process of designing and launching a new library website. My work on this project allows the library to make a more informed decision when they choose a new CMS that fits both the library’s needs and the library’s budget.

Book Club Design for Immigrant and Refugee Families

October 2017 to December 2017

As an outreach project for LIS 564: Multicultural Children’s Literature, I worked with Gwendolyn Haley of Spokane County Library District (WA) to design book club sessions aimed at immigrant and refugee families. My work on the project included selecting books, writing discussion questions for families to consider during the book club sessions, and designing activities for families to do together that stimulate multiple areas of child development.

Read more about this project

The​ ​Gap​ ​Between​ ​Childhood​ ​and​ ​Adulthood:​ ​Addressing​ ​the​ ​Library​ ​Needs​ ​for​ ​the​ ​Teenage Users​ ​of​ ​DOK​ ​Delft

August 2017 to November 2017

For the University of Washington iSchool Netherlands: Dutch Designs: Innovation in Library, Museum, and Information Services in the Netherlands Exploration Seminar, I wrote an analysis of the library needs of teenagers at DOK Delft (the public library of Delft, The Netherlands) which focuses almost exclusively on early childhood services, and proposed and defended the necessity of adding a Teen Advisory Board to the library.

Read my full paper

Digital Zombies: An Interactive Library Research Course

April 2017 to June 2017

For LIS 529: Digital Humanities Librarianship, I redesigned and gamified a course originally designed by Dr. Juliette Levy of University of California, Riverside (UCR), that aims to teach first-year undergraduate students how to utilize campus libraries and to determine the credibility of sources. The basic structure and majority of the activities remained true to the original project; my contributions included adding an engaging story line, reformatting the course missions into bite-sized chunks, adding new and simplifying existing assignments to provide a more consistent pace, adapting the original semester-long pace to a 10-week quarters system, and adapting lessons created for UCR libraries to the University of Oregon Libraries.

View the full project

View my presentation on this project (19:09)